Wednesday 23 August 2023

Show HN: Flintable – Fixable ESLint rules Playground https://bit.ly/3KP4VkA

Show HN: Flintable – Fixable ESLint rules Playground Hi community! I am glad to introduce to you my latest project! What? Flintable is a playground for experimenting lint rules, focusing on fixable layout and suggestions rules. I initially focused on ESLint, the most popular JavaScript linter. Flintable allows adding your code and regularly testing it with individual rules or custom configurations, composing your own configuration file. How? I developed Flintable using the PHP Laravel framework for the server side and the Vue framework linking them with Inertia JS, accompanied by Tailwind CSS for the client side. Laravel Horizon manages the queues and jobs, while Laravel Websockets and Laravel Echo enable the dialogue between the queue and the client. I used JSON Schema via AJS and OPIS to manipulate ESLint rule schemas and vue-codemirror for the code editor within the tool. Why? Working on the same code as a team can pose challenges, especially in terms of code conventions and working environments. That's why I created Flintable, which long-term goal is to allow everyone to configure their environment to the fullest without impacting others. Thus, developers can collaborate more effectively while respecting each other's workspaces. The short-term objective of Flintable is to simplify the understanding, the discovery and manipulation of rules with ease. How it works? Select a rule in the list of rules on your right. Activate the rule. Determine some options or not. And lint with this rule or with the configuration you made [ by activating other rules ]. When you're satisfied, download your configuration file. You can also try the rules on your own code by pasting it in the code editor. Next? - Implementing more plugins, more linters, more frameworks, more languages? - Creating custom rules sought by the community? - Storing configuration files online to facilitate reuse on other projects? - Launching lint of local and remote code via a command line throughout the development process, using version control tools like Git? I am thrilled about sharing my newborn project with you and would love to hear your feedback. See you in the comments. I don't know if I can share a post from my blog here about the Flintable journey, so ask me if you want it, and I will share the link in response. https://bit.ly/3YMdqmg August 23, 2023 at 02:35PM

No comments:

Post a Comment