Tuesday 7 February 2023

Show HN: Hello from PhotoVaultOne, a Google Photos backup and recovery service https://bit.ly/40zOr69

Show HN: Hello from PhotoVaultOne, a Google Photos backup and recovery service PhotoVaultOne is a Software-as-a-Service solution for taking daily backups of your Google Photos library contents. You can restore deleted content directly back to your library, or download it locally. Before I built PhotoVaultOne, I had wired together synchronization to my local NAS to keep an offline copy of my content. While I managed to set it up, it wasn't something I would recommend to a non-tech friend. Then, a friend of mine had a weird incident where they lost months of content from their library - we still dont know why, and with no way to recover. PhotoVaultOne is my side project to help with this problem. Why? - There is no backup in Google Cloud. Deleted content cannot be recovered (excluding trash, yes) - Alternative methods, such as synchronization to a local device, or taking manual Google Takeout's are difficult for many users to setup or remember to do. - I could not find an existing SaaS solution in this space - so took it as an opportunity to practice building one. Its fun to build. :) Unfortunately I cannot offer the service long term without charging for it, there are AWS infrastructure expenses that need to be covered. There is a free 3 month trial though, with no commitment needed, and pricing of the plans is as aggressive as I deared to launch with. https://bit.ly/3RHDJ9R February 7, 2023 at 03:40PM

No comments:

Post a Comment