Sunday 4 June 2023

Show HN: Tiny Code Improver https://bit.ly/3NbgioB

Show HN: Tiny Code Improver Hey, fellow hackers! I'm excited to share my latest project, TinyCodeImprover, which has become an indispensable tool in my coding workflow. What is TinyCodeImprover? TinyCodeImprover leverages the power of GPT-4 to analyze and enhance your project files. By simply loading your code into the GPT-4 context, you can ask questions about your code, identify bugs, and even request GPT-4 to write code snippets across multiple files simultaneously. The Story Behind its Creation As a programmer, I frequently turn to GPT-4 for assistance with topics outside my expertise. However, I found the process of copying and pasting code snippets into the chat cumbersome and time-consuming. That's when I had an idea: a tool that seamlessly integrates GPT-4 into my coding environment. A month ago, during a flight from Bangkok to Dubai, I developed the first prototype of TinyCodeImprover. It allowed me to feed project files directly to GPT-4 and request code improvements based on my specifications! It even wrote a Readme for itself – quite mind-blowing! Refining the Process To maximize the effectiveness of TinyCodeImprover, I discovered the importance of employing a critical approach. I created special commands, ".critic" and ".resolver," to initiate self-reflection, enabling GPT-4 to identify its own mistakes in approximately 30% of cases. Since its inception, I've integrated TinyCodeImprover into four different projects, transforming error-fixing into an enjoyable experience, even when dealing with CSS challenges. It has proven useful not only for code but also for any type of text. https://bit.ly/3NbgjZH June 4, 2023 at 06:23PM

No comments:

Post a Comment