Saturday 22 July 2023

Show HN: Ulry – Lightweight and fast link archiver app for iOS https://bit.ly/44BaFWS

Show HN: Ulry – Lightweight and fast link archiver app for iOS Hey HN! Ulry is a link archiver that allows you to save and organize your favorite links in one convenient place. It uses SQLite under the hood and it does not require any kind of registration. There are many other features like full-text search, ability to add notes to every link and URL redirections, folder, tags and a lot more. I initially created this project because I couldn't keep up with a lot of HN links that ended up in the front page and that I wanted to read in the future. At the time, I was not able to find a simple link archiver that worked without registration and I hated the fact that almost every link archiver that I tried scraped all the text inside of any URL that I saved just to give me an in-app reading experience that I did not want. Ulry is very fast, simple and lightweight AND it does not require registration. Under the hood, the app is going to make a simple HTTP request to the links that you want to save and it will parse meta tags like `og:title`, `og:description`, `og:image` and save it in the local SQLite database (that you can export and inspect whenever you want), ready to be shown in the app. I've been working on Ulry for more than a year as a side project and to improve my iOS skills, mainly for fun. I decided to open-source the project as I have received a lot of positive feedbacks and feature requests but I do not have the time to work on it anytime soon. I've had quite a positive experience in the past with the OS community, plus, I don't want to stop people from improving the product or customise it further with new features or simply learn from it as I consider this to be an intermediate level app. So that's why I'm here! Disclaimer: At the moment the app misses some crucial features like iCloud sync between devices, but I initially designed the app for myself and my usage and for the moment I am 100% satisfied with it. If you want to take a look at the app, you can navigate to the very basic webpage that I created for it at https://bit.ly/3K8TgN6 , there you will also find the App Store link. I'm eager to find out what you think about the app and hopefully I'll work on it with some of you in the future :) https://bit.ly/3pYDmya July 22, 2023 at 12:34AM

No comments:

Post a Comment