Saturday 6 April 2024

Show HN: Wingman – Open-source Chatbot that's light, functional and not ugly https://bit.ly/3U7KjJl

Show HN: Wingman – Open-source Chatbot that's light, functional and not ugly Hey HN, I’m really excited to show off a project I’ve been tweaking and tuning for more than seven months. One thing that drove me nuts about running LLMs locally was having to use terminals, install Python, and write code for the most basic things. I write software, but I don’t want to have to write it just to use a chatbot. So, I made Wingman with a friendly interface that lets you get started with zero coding or terminals required. It runs on MacOS and Windows, and even evaluates AI models up front to determine if they will run on your machine. There’s other stuff it does, too, like let you save prompts, set system prompts per conversation, and change AI models mid-conversation. I added a way to sort models by popular or trending. It’s been pretty helpful to me for staying on top of all of the new models dropping. But it still has a little way to go to be ready for really special things like planning and reasoning. So, I need to get some more feedback from people on different configurations. I’d love it if you checked it out, saw if it was useful, and maybe broke it so I could find fixes. Thank! https://bit.ly/3VPYGU6 April 6, 2024 at 05:03PM

No comments:

Post a Comment