Nigeria No1. Music site And Complete Entertainment portal for Music Promotion WhatsApp:- +2349077287056
Wednesday, 7 October 2026
Show HN: Convkit – A command line tool for converting images/video/docs offline https://bit.ly/4j6jjHf
Show HN: Convkit – A command line tool for converting images/video/docs offline Going to some shady website for file conversions was really annoying me because I had to hope whatever I gave them wasn't saved, and whatever I got back wasn't something "unexpected." So I made convkit, a CLI that does file conversions 100% locally. Run conv in.mp4 out.gif
and you get your GIF from the right tool (ffmpeg, ImageMagick, etc.) using settings tuned for good output. For example, a GIF's 256 colors are picked from the clip itself instead of ffmpeg's generic palette. And if you've ever had an issue uploading a file that is too large, you can use the --max-size flag: conv clip.mp4 --max-size 10mb
It trades resolution, frame rate and bitrate against each other, so you get the best-looking version that still fits. Notes - In early stages (0.3.x) so some issues pop up - You only need the tools for the conversions you use, so video and GIFs only need ffmpeg; LibreOffice, pandoc and Typst are only for documents; Image to Image needs ImageMagick. - Not all features are listed. If you are interested go to the github page! https://bit.ly/4jEy5VO - If you want any specific conversions, let me know! Thanks for reading! https://bit.ly/4jEy5VO October 7, 2026 at 06:59PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment