Thursday 6 July 2023

Show HN: FinDrip a free data-driven finance email https://bit.ly/3JHKLZl

Show HN: FinDrip – a free, data-driven finance email Hi! Thanny here. I’m pretty excited to share a cool project that me and my friend have been working on. FinDrip is a daily (or more) data-driven finance email that sends you curated market information. You can customize when you get your emails and what is contained in them! Right now we offer stock prices, technical indicators, news, and analyst ratings. We’d like to expand and refine our offerings and figure out what people want to see from it, so any feedback would be absolutely appreciated. Here’s a short-ish story of how it got started. Myself and my friend began our Master’s degrees in CS and one of the first classes we took was Machine Learning for Trading. We learned a lot about technical indicators and signals and whatnot. This was a couple of years ago, when crypto was less of a spicy topic, so I decided to put together a quick bot that would scan the market for signals and text them to me. I traded crypto currencies for a while purely based on these signals and ended up making a good bit of profit (don’t worry, I didn’t gamble a lot of money). After geeking out about it for a bit, my fiancé at the time informed me that perhaps other people would like to use it, too. That’s when we started building FinDrip, and it has really evolved from there. Now, we like to see FinDrip as a way to stay up to date on your personal slice of the stock market, without the hassle of scanning charts on various apps that charge insane subscriptions or require you to sign up with a driver’s license. We hope you enjoy it! Let us know what we can do better :-) Hit me up at nmoon@findrip.com https://bit.ly/3JO8rv3 July 6, 2023 at 06:21PM

No comments:

Post a Comment