Saturday 30 December 2023

Show HN: Spindle, a cross between Wordle and a Rubik's Cube made in PHP https://bit.ly/3S01OtY

Show HN: Spindle, a cross between Wordle and a Rubik's Cube made in PHP Hi HN, I was late to wordle, so I am also late to making my own version. In Spindle, you rotate words on a grid with the aim of assembling the day’s target word. I enjoy it, so I thought some of you might enjoy it too. From a tech perspective, it’s a very simple Laravel / Livewire app. My happy place in recent years has been Typescript and SvelteKit, so this was a bit of an adjustment, but it allowed me to take advantage of an existing shared hosting server meaning no additional financial outlay. Happy to report a positive experience with PHP and this framework, although I do miss types! Deploying with rsync feels enjoyably old school. (I gather PHP does have types now, but perhaps I’m using the wrong IDE or need a specific VS.Code plugin…) Very happy to answer any questions, although I’m the first to admit it’s very simple from a tech perspective. Your guess at how it was implemented is probably a better solution than what I actually did :) Happy holidays all! https://bit.ly/3S1OXYw December 31, 2023 at 03:20AM

No comments:

Post a Comment