Wednesday 31 January 2024

Show HN: Stanchion – Column-oriented tables in SQLite https://bit.ly/49ij1oi

Show HN: Stanchion – Column-oriented tables in SQLite Hello HN! I built stanchion to scratch my own itch. I have personal applications running on SQLite where I want to store log and metric data (basically forever) but don't want to add complexity by bringing in a new database or whole separate server. Some of these applications are running on a Raspberry Pi, where storage and compute are limited, but I still want data warehouse like capabilities. I envision stanchion being used in similar scenarios: on phones and resource-limited devices in applications that are already using SQLite. I know that there are alternatives like DuckDB (which is very cool), but I want stanchion to be "good enough" that it is useful without having to add whole new database technology. If you think stanchion may be a good fit for your use case and you are interested in contributing, please test it and provide feedback by opening issues for any bugs, difficulties, or missing features you would need! Ideas are also welcome in this thread or as a github issue. Of course stars are always appreciated as well. The CONTRIBUTING doc in the repository has more details. - Dan https://bit.ly/497CXKG January 31, 2024 at 07:38PM

No comments:

Post a Comment