Wednesday 24 January 2024

Show HN: A self-hosted website to track Pinball scores between friends https://bit.ly/3StSxea

Show HN: A self-hosted website to track Pinball scores between friends Hi there! I have been a huge fan of pinballs for a few months, discovering all pinballs that are in my city, and I converted quite a few friends to it. The only problem was that we wanted to keep an eye on everyone's score and I always did it in some notes on my phone. This was not very practical. I decided to create a small website so that all my friends can add their scores while we're playing in a gig. The app is minimalistic on purpose: no user authentication, no call to any fancy Pinball API whatsoever. I just need a list of players, gigs, pinballs and scores. The app is built with Laravel and SQLite so it should be easily deployed anywhere. I personally host it on Fly for free (they have a generous free tier). One can add HTTP Basic authentication with a common user/password to avoid having anyone unkown messing with your data. The link to the repo is in the banner. License MIT. https://bit.ly/3OiqlZ3 January 25, 2024 at 02:25AM

No comments:

Post a Comment