Saturday 11 May 2024

Show HN: Open-Source Video Editor Web App https://bit.ly/4bqXGdK

Show HN: Open-Source Video Editor Web App Hey everyone, for the past like six months I've been working on a portfolio project. I got tired of doing easy projects, so I decided to tackle something bigger and more challenging. That's when I came up with the idea of a video editor. This piece of work is intended to showcase my skills and land me a job, but I like to think when working on projects that my idea is so cool that people will like to use it, and I treat every project like a startup idea. Also I havent seen many open source video editors especially on web so that was one of the points why I decided to make that and not something else, but in the end its learning experience and im not expecting much if at all. A bit about the video editor itself: -website: https://bit.ly/4bbBnJe -its free -its open source (MIT Licensed) -its using Webcodecs API for quick rendering -works fully inside browser, client side, no private data is kept -I made some readme with more details, im not expecting contributions but I added bit about it: https://bit.ly/3UUkOM5 Features: -Trimming -Splitting -Supports - Text, Audio, Video (mp4) and Images -Clip editing on preview - rotating, resizing, text styling and more -Undo/Redo -Render in different resolutions, up to 4k. Things to know before using this editor: -it is simple editor, but its my main project im working on and improving it. -right now it only works with videos 25 fps and more but not less -only 4 tracks -- its something I could improve quickly but forgot -bug here and there (eg. filmstrip not rendering until timeline scroll moved) -its not working on phones yet (drag and drop API problems) I'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback on it. May 12, 2024 at 03:35AM

No comments:

Post a Comment