Wednesday, 19 August 2026

Show HN: Linux and iPhone Continuity (iMessage / SMS) https://bit.ly/4wGX6mi

Show HN: Linux and iPhone Continuity (iMessage / SMS) After switching to 100% Linux a couple of years ago there was basically only one thing I missed about macOS and that was what Apple calls "Continuity". It's where you get texts, notifications, clipboard sync, file transfer (to/from) the iPhone from the Mac desktop. Especially that thing where OTP codes via text autofilled into the browser form I was waiting on. It took about 4 months of work: - reverse-engineering Apple/iOS Bluetooth behavior - MAP / OBEX - Bluetooth LE + Wi-Fi working together - iMessage through the iPhone's own cellular/iMessage stack - iOS app, Linux daemon, GTK app, Thunderbird/Firefox extension - no Mac involved But it is now something I'd love to show people. Contributions/bugs/feedback welcome! https://bit.ly/4wFJzvb August 20, 2026 at 05:53AM

No comments:

Post a Comment