Monday 9 October 2023

Show HN: CheckAnyPlate – Free License Plate to VIN Decoder https://bit.ly/3LSF5ww

Show HN: CheckAnyPlate – Free License Plate to VIN Decoder This started as a project to scratch my own itch and has grown from there. Initially I wanted a way to easily see if potential funny license plates were available in a given state, but I've also started using it at car shows when I'm curious which engine or transmission is in a car. It most cases the plate can be matched to a VIN using DMV data, and then some information about the vehicle can be decoded into basic car specs You can also purchase a full vehicle history report which uses data from the NMVTIS and other services to show accident history, previous titles, and salvage issues. The site is built using the Laravel framework and connects to a bunch of APIs like the DOT and NHTSA for Safety and recall information. This is my first time running Laravel on AWS Lambda so let me know how the site feels to you https://bit.ly/3Qari7l October 9, 2023 at 02:17PM

No comments:

Post a Comment