Sunday 8 October 2023

Show HN: SharePal – I built an app I always wanted to quickly share snippets https://bit.ly/48H0hzw

Show HN: SharePal – I built an app I always wanted to quickly share snippets Hi! I'm a backend architect by day, an indie iOS developer by night. This spring, I wanted to experiment with iMessage app extensions for another app I build, and I needed a proof-of-concept that binding a SwiftUI view in this iMessage context would work correctly. Not only this is possible, but this project became a bit more, because it transformed the way I started sharing piece of information I often need to have at hand. My first use case was my IBAN sharing, often shared with relatives. Each time I was asked for it, I would have to open my bank app, have a correct internet connection, and a few minutes of my time to find it, copy it, and removing the extra un-needed info from the pasted content. Instead, opening my newly created iMessage app, and taping it would simply paste it in the iMessage textfield, ready to be sent. Other use cases were quickly found: URLs to my blog posts, apps, and social networks, but also hashtags I often use when I'm microblogging. This is why I also enabled the custom keyboard extension for this app. Behaving similarly to the iMessage app, it was _almost_ free to support. After finding a UI/UX that would feel right, and adding a few more features that felt right at home for this kind of app, including categories, access restriction by biometry, drag and drop, and Apple Shortcuts integration, the app launched this week in the App Store. I'm open to discussion about this app. Any improvement or feature request, bug spotting, or marketing advices… I take it all! I'll also be very happy to share implementation or technical details about this 100% SwiftUI app that packs way more than it seems. https://bit.ly/3ZOtSTA October 8, 2023 at 03:57PM

No comments:

Post a Comment